A few months ago we introduced our first mobile app into Apple’s iOS App store and Google’s Play (Android) store. The app was built for The Guernsey Swimming Club and was to provide a number of features for club members including;
- Pull in Facebook and Twitter posts
- List the latest news and results as posted on the website
- Provide a calendar for upcoming events
- Enable the use of push messages for sending instant updates to all users
- Work on both phone and tablet devices
As part of our local club and charity support initiative, it was our pleasure to help the club develop this excellent resource, especially as they were going to be using our first published app. So far, all is working well, the app is stable, push notifications are being used and the app has been installed over 200 times. It is quite interesting to note that nearly two thirds of all the installations have been on the iPad and a quarter on iPhone. It should be noted however that the installs per day is increasing so this could change quickly.
Want to ask us about your own mobile app requirements? Call us.